In 2016 Amber finished the first quarter triathlon in Lanzarote. In November 2016, she came sixth in the Agadir ATU Triathlon African Cup.
“In 2014 I joined the Youth Olympic Games and that has made me hungry for more. My second biggest dream comes naturally to me, participate in the Ironmans and complete the Ironman in Hawaii. My sporting career would not be complete without the mother of all triathlons. With these competitions, I am aiming very high, but I am working hard and I am now in the perfect team to make these dreams come true.”
Amber always sets the bar very high for herself. In 2016 she started studying medicine at the University of Ghent, after a secondary education Greek-Sciences-Maths. “I know what it is to work hard.”
I’m a 19 year old triathlete and have been participating in triathlon almost ‘intuitively’. Because both my parents are triathletes, I was literally brought up on it; the entire world in which I grew up emanated a triathlon atmosphere.
During my childhood, I obviously tried out all different sports, but, in the end, triathlon became my greatest passion and my main purpose in life.
At a young age, and thanks to my parents, I was introduced to Luc, my coach, and I have been training with him now for six years. He is, and remains, an important example to me.
In 2016 I began studying medicine at the University of Ghent, where I combine my studies with top level sports, and this provides me with all the facilities required to combine sports
- Under construction
- 1st AG ITU World Championship Rotterdam –> 17th of September 2017
- 1st Mr. T sprint triathlon Ghent –> 20th of August 2017
- 5th Ocean Lava Lanzarote –> 15th of July 2017
- 24th European Junior Cup Holten –> 1st of July 2017
- 1st AG ECh ETU Sprint Triathlon Düsseldorf –> 25th of June 2017
- 11th and 4th place (individual triathlon and in the team) at the Youth Olympic Games in China 2014 (Olympic Games for 15-18-year-olds).
- 10 Belgian titles, of which the last two with the elite ladies
- Various entries in the European Championships and youth triathlons, individually and in teams.
I’m still very young, so I have plenty of time to develop. My goal for the coming years is to achieve great international results at the Olympic distance.
In the future, I would like to enter the Ironman, but that is still a long way off, and requires a lot of hard work.
- To be announced