Saleta Castro recently came second in the Ironman of Maastricht. Her list of awards includes a third place in the Ironman in Lanzarote in 2013 and a third place in the Ironman 70.3 also in Lanzarote in 2015.
“I started with athletics and swimming when I was nine. When I was fourteen, my former coach introduced me to the world of the triathlon. One of my immediate goals is the European Championships Ironman”.
“In the longer term, it is my dream to participate in the World Championships Ironman in Hawaii. But to achieve that I will need to score points in the world ranking. I think I can do that with the Itzu Tri Team …”
My name is Saleta Castro, I am a Spanish triathlete. I was born in Galicia (northwest Spain) in a small city, Pontevedra.
My sportive career started at the age of 9 years old. My first sports were swimming and athletics, and when I was 13 years old I did my first sprint triathlon. I did the Olympic distance with the Spanish team until my last year in sub23 category. Then I changed for the Long Distance because my dream was to be in the Ironman Hawaii. That dream also came true.
Now I want to continue with my progress. I would like to win some Ironman and come back to Hawaii with good results.
Thanks to the Itzu Tri Team I can concentrate 100% on my trainings and my races. The team has the best coach Luc Van Lierde, the best sponsors and the best Team Manager Koen Janssen.
- Under construction
- 5th Ironman 70.3 Cascais –> 3rd of September 2017
- 1st Ironman Maastricht –> 6th of August 2017
- 3rd Triathlon Zarautz –> 10th of June 2017
- 5th Ironman Lanzarote –> 20th of May 2017
- 7th Club La Santa Volcano 1/4 Triathlon –> 29th of April 2017
- 2nd Ocean Lava Tenerife –> 13th of March 2017
- 2x Spanish Championship Long Distance
- 3rd Ironman Lanzarote ’13
- 3rd 70.3 Lanzarote ’15
- 5th Ironman Malaysia ’15
- 2nd Ironman Maastricht ’16. Best time in the marathon 3h04′
- 6th European Championship Ironman Frankfurt (9h22′)
- 32nd World Championship Ironman Hawaii
- 12 times finisher in Ironman
- To be announced